Agricultural engineering is the discipline of engineering in agricultural, food, and biological systems. Agricultural engineers design agricultural machinery and equipment and agricultural structures. Some specialties include power system and machinery design; structures and environment; and food and bioprocess engineering. They develop ways to conserve soil and water and to improve the processing of agricultural products. Agricultural engineers work in research and development, production, sales, or management.
Areas of interest[edit | edit source]
- Biosystems engineering
- Ergonomics, Safety and Health
- Emerging Areas
- Information and Electrical Technologies which includes Remote sensing
- Food and Process Engineering
- Forest Engineering
- Power and Machinery, which includes Machine design
- Soil and water, which includes Irrigation, Drainage, stormwater management and erosion control.
- Structures and environment, which includes designing livestock housing as well as structures such as grain elevators and greenhouses