Institutions are the foundation of engineering disiplines; they provide convenient access to academic groups, writing, and networks.
Many engineering institutions started out as gathering points for people with similar interests; a small group of people who would meet on a regular basis and swap ideas. The groups subsequently grew into mature societies with many members, and some even published papers. The institutions were first recognised when they were awarded a Royal Charter.
List of institutionsEdit
- Institute of Civil Engineers, ICE Website
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers, IMechE Website
- Institute of Structural Engineers, IStructE Website
- Institute of Biological Engineers, IBE Website
- Institute of Engineering Technology, IET Website
- Institute of Chemical Engineers, ICE Website