That's a good move in the right direction! Robin Patterson 03:18, 13 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Clarify what is necessary and unnecessary information. I think we must also creat a Template:Ef for articals in need of Engineerfication.
I'm thinking that this might be better as "Engineerification". siafu 06:41, 28 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- From what I have seen from Wikipedia articles such as Automobiles and Anti-lock braking system their are paras like History which speaks generally about the history and the life history of inventors or researchers. These are not totally engineering and hence better to remove them under the requirement of Engineerfication . They can be better incorporated in seperate articles under Eng wiki and shown in the See also para or similar para at the end of the article copied from Wikipedia.
Just a point for thinking.
--Dore chakravarty 21:21, 19 January 2006 (UTC)
After having done copying of some articles from Wikipedia with some editing to suit the Engineering Wiki, the following suggestions are emanating:
- 1.Wikipedia articles relevant to engineering contain generally one para on History. This includes about bio of inventors, researchers etc. with links for their bio. If this is a line or two, it can be taken for Eng Wiki giving a link to their bio only. If it is more than this better to give para heading and say See (give Wiki article link).
- 2.Generally in some Wikipedia articles in the first introduction para itself some more details of the inventor, researcher etc. are mentioned. This and other paragraphs can be reedited with suitable headings to satisfy the engineering requirements.
- 3.Images not relevant to engineering may be omitted.
- 4.Many articles are of bigger than the specified size. Such articles may be split to suit Engineering Wiki vocabulary.
- 5.It may be noted that almost all topics are covered by Wikipedia and nothing left for thinking for Eng Wiki.
--Dore chakravarty 09:00, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Suggestion after copying many articles from Wikipedia
Wikipedia has varieties of subjects catering to various categories of people. Hence the articles are required to be made to highest standard, particularly in English. Engineering Wikia caters only for technocrats. Therefore articles from Wikipedia when copied to Engineering have to be made simple for normal reading and understanding by all technocrats and also Engineerfication of the same is essential. As English has become one of the universal languages in many parts of the world with minimum of complexity this requirement is all the more essential. As these have been done by me with the above requirement in view it is essential that someone else checks and edits to make it nearing the required perfectness for engineering.
--Dore chakravarty 20:16, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
Engineerfication-suggestion, continued Edit
Articles on gases, which are mostly used in engineering, are also copied from Wikipedia selecting only relevant topics pertaining to engineering.
--Dore chakravarty 05:43, 19 April 2006 (UTC)