- The flying part of a helicopter is a rotor.
- In electrical engineering, the rotor of an electric motor or dynamo is an armature.
- In automotive mechanics, the disc in a disc brake. It can also be part of a distributor.
- Certain cipher machines, such as the German Enigma machine, made use of rotating wheels, see rotor machine in connection with these devices.
- In radio, a rotor is an electric motor designed to turn a receiving antenna to match the direction of the received signal.
Acronyms and code names Edit
- The ROTOR  radar project, the UK's first national air defence system following the Second World War, incorporating some Chain Home radar stations.
- Shared Source Common Language Infrastructure|Rotor  is the code name for Microsoft's shared source implementation of the Common Language Infrastructure.
- SC Rotor Volgograd  is a Russian football club.
- Rotor is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog universe Rotor (Sonic the Hedgehog).
- THE ROTOR is the trade name for an amusment ride.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.